Welcome!
James W. Wiley Jr. and Jan (Wiley) Lassiter invite you to celebrate our parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary via the Internet.
To participate in this celebration click on the "Click here..." link below this text, then scroll to the bottom of the page. A white field will be displayed where you can type the message you would like to send to Jim and Wanda.
If you have questions, please emailjan_lassiter@sbcglobal.net.
Thank you for helping us celebrate this occasion!
Jan (Wiley) Lassiter and Jim Wiley Jr.
To participate in this celebration click on the "Click here..." link below this text, then scroll to the bottom of the page. A white field will be displayed where you can type the message you would like to send to Jim and Wanda.
If you have questions, please email
Thank you for helping us celebrate this occasion!
Jan (Wiley) Lassiter and Jim Wiley Jr.
25 comments:
Many congratulations on reaching this milestone!
I wish you all the best.
Dorothy_Schleicher@baylor.edu
To the Wileys:
What an accomplishment! I hope your day is filled with lots of family and laughter.
Mary Witte
Mary_Witte@baylor.edu
Congratulations to the other Jim and Wanda. You have made the first 50 years--only 50 to go. We have been blessed over the past years to know you--to claim you as friends.
Jim and Wanda LeMaster
J_R_LeMaster@baylor.edu
Congratulations on 50 years. Where did all of that gray hair come from??? A problem that I will not have since all of mine FELL OUT! I miss our lunches and talks, but I still think of you often. Again, congrats, Wynn
wrolf@esc12.net
What a beautiful photograph of Jim and Wanda, who have weathered life so little touched by age physically and who have contributed so much to so many through education, art, and even politics. They have been central to a large and loving family and raised two children, Jan and Jim Jr., who obviously appreciate their parents and have created a lovely way to show it. I have been personally very touched by their kindnesses to Daddy when he was alive, and he spoke so lovingly and appreciatively of them. I admire anyone who manages to stay married for half a century in this world where so many marriages do not last. I wish them the joy of continued togetherness and commend them for their contributions to members of the Harrison family, some of which I know of personally--Jim's photography especially and his study of faily history--and Wanda's artistic additions to our family of variously talented folks. I send love and admiration and hopes for a life of peace and love always. Kennette Harrison
Congratulation are in order!
Gene and I celebrated our 50th on June 7 and I kept wanting to ask who the party was for?
I think the two of you weathered the various storms rather well, and we feel honored to have walked some of those steps along side you.
What kept us going?
Patience?
Perserverance?
Purpose?
A sense of humor?
A sense of wonder?
A sense of dedication?
It probably comes down simply to God's love, His nurturing, and a sense that His Will was somewhere buried in the project--of your/our marriage.
Your smiles are testimony to that Love for Him and each other. I feel truly honored to have been a part of your 50...and that you have been a part of ours.
Anita_Baker@baylor.edu
Dr. Wiley and Wanda,
I just wanted to tell you congratulations on your 50th anniversary and to thank you for the times we spent with you at the lake!
One of my best memories of you, Dr Wiley, is when you quoted something in class one day that went something like this..."Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, great minds discuss ideas." I was really struck by that.
Wanda, I have always appreciated your kind way and gentle voice.
With great fondness,
Janis Ledbetter Rogers
janis88@ymail.com
WOW. I can remember you as "newlyweds" as a child. I am 55, so I was not much older than 5 at the time. I thought you two were "the beautiful, romantic couple", and I was so impressed to be related to you. Still am!!!
Congratulations, Best Wishes, and Heartful Blessings to you Both,
Kari Buchanan
kari.buchanan@att.net
What a lovely picture of the two of you. You would not look the least bit older if not for the white hair. What a terrific accomplishment to make it to 50 years! We are close behind at almost 46! i hope that many happy more years are in both our futures.
Congratulations!
Sandy Lockhart
sandyloc9@gmail.com
Jim and Wanda,
You are a wonderful couple! Congratulations! It is truely a blessing to have you as friends!
Maxie
To two of the most beautiful people I love with all my heart. As a couple as well as individually you have accomplished and given so much to so many over the years. Through the years I have seen the good and hard times that can be inflicted upon a marriage but your faith in God and each other has demonstrated the strength and perseverance it takes to make a lasting marriage. You are my heroes. Through love and admiration; congratulations mom and dad on your 50th wedding anniversary.
With my love, your daughter
Jan
Jim and Wanda,
Seeing you both looking so good and knowing how well you have done in life makes me feel like we have missed something by not staying in touch and being more of each others lives. Let don't let that happen in the furture. You could start from your end by planning a trip to Canada in the near future. We will plan a stop in Waco next time we come by on I35.
Congratulations,you both look great.
Cousin, Howard Byrd Lockhart
hblockha@gmail.com
Congratulations on the significant milestone. We wish you the best in the years to come. May God continue to bless your family.
Colleagues Ann and Frank Karaffa
ann_karaffa@baylor.edu
Together, a wonderful way to go through life. Congratulations on fifty years and counting! Love, Amie, Bill and Linda Silner
Saw your picture in the newspaper today and was "reminded" that I meant to send a note of congratulations to you as soon I returned from Oklahoma! Woops, I forgot! Jim, I appreciate your friendship, both as my teacher and as my colleague at Baylor. I did learn so much from you---and I had already been teaching for years!
I also appreciate the fact that you have always been kind enough to inquire about my family. I have always felt you "really cared." Thank you and happy anniversary to both of you. Hope the next 50 years are equally great!
Linda (and Joe) Cox
Dear Jim and Wanda,
Congratulations on 50 wonderful years together! Your life-long devotion to one another is a true testament to what real love is all about.
Jim, I especially want you to know how memorable that day last October was for me. Even though the circumstances surrounding it were very sad, the journey to and from San Antonio with you was an adventure I’ll never forget. You had some interesting and amazing stories you shared with me, one of which was how you met Wanda. Not everyone can make that kind of claim!! I will always remember that day with great fondness.
I hope the coming years for the two of you are even more fulfilling and happy than the ones you've had so far.
With affection,
Katy
Katy_Wiswall@baylor.edu
Jim & Wanda--Congratulations on your 50th anniversary! Many wonderful experiences and memories through the years I am sure. I wish you the best as you continue to share your lives together.
So Jim--done any fractions lately? :) Thought that might bring a smile! It was a pleasure working with you at Baylor and getting to know Wanda at the SOE events. I look forward to seeing you both again soon at the next event!
Trena
Trena_Wilkerson@baylor.edu
Enjoy your 50th anniversary
Mom and Pop there are so many things I am grateful for – your unconditional love, endless faith and continued support. I hope to pass on these values that you have lived by.
Wish we were closer to home.
LOVE Jimmy
"All because two people fell in love"
You have given me the love of my life and because of that I also have two young people who mean the world to me. You two have stepped in to be my parents after I lost mine and I thank you!
Continue to love each other and enjoy each other.
Love Cathy
wileycoyote2487@msn.com
Congratulations on your 50th!!
Grandma and Grandpa I just want to tell you how greatful I am to have you two as grandparents. You both have showed me many great things in life. Because of you, I have wonderful parents. I wish you both the best and miss you very much.
Love Allison
Mr. and Mrs. Wiley,
Congratulations to 50 years of marriage. Your years together is a testimony of how love and faith will keep your marriage strong.
God Blessings,
Carrie Jones (Frank)
Grandma & Granddad,
I sat here and read what others had to say about the two of you. What I could gather from these was that your loving, intelligent, kind, funny, beautiful, artistic...the list goes on and on. So theres not much that I can say that hasn't already be said about how nice it has been to know you. All I can think back on are the stories that I have of both of you and my life. From clearing the land, and the bugs that grandma had to protect me from. The car ride to Washington DC, and all the antics along the way: Omish country, Abe Lincoln house and Ford Theather, the bathroom incedent when we got to Washington (granddad), the Forth of July on the mall, the mesueams (of which I could have appreciated more), the trip in to Canada and the car ride home with NO AC. My graduation, and countless other events of my life for which you have been present to. So with all my ramblings and memories of you two I write this here to say that I feel lucky to have been there for some of your 50th and look forward to the 55th.
Happy 50th!!!!
Love
The oldest grandson,
Billy Winters
BWintersNTx03@yahoo.com
My Congratulations to the both of you on this most auspicious achievement. As I look back on my own family, I recognize the love, devotion and support between the two of you that has made this milestone a reality. As teachers, you have challenged and molded a legion of young men and women over your many years in education. I will venture to guess that the number of individuals that would single the two of you out as a positive influence in there life is more than you will ever imagine; the reward for being the selfless individuals that you are.
Alan Mulder
alan.mulder@sbcglobal.net
So, enjoy the moment and remember that every new day is an adventure. The two of you are still making your mark on this world.
You loved each other for 50 years but I have only known you for 18. I wish I could have known you for the first 32 years. Happy 50th.
Love,
James III
Just wanted to let you know that I love you both. Happy 50th with all my love and thanks. I am glad you are my grandparents and am greatful for all the time and effort and love yall have shown me, just want to say thank you and I will never forget yall. Love Yall so very much
Dallas
Post a Comment
1. Type your message in the white field.
2. Please include name/email at the end of your message.
3. Click on "Select Profile" button. Choose "Name/URL".
4. Type only your name in the blank. Click "Continue".
5. Click "Post Comment" button.
6. You're finished. Close your browser. Thanks!